- Date : September 16, 2016
SIMS Model United Nations (MUN) 2016 took place under the banner of Barcode, in association with SIMSETT (SIMS Economic Think Tank) and in collaboration with UNIC (United Nations Information Centre- India and Bhutan).
The five committees and their agenda were:
(i)United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
Agenda: Combating the illegal funding for drugs trade across international borders.
Agenda: EU as on 1st January 2030.
(iii)United Nations Security Council
Agenda: Tackling the dispute in the South China Sea
Agenda: Cuban Missile Crisis (20th October 1962)
(v)United Nations General Assembly
Establishment of a nuclear- weapon- free zone in Middle East
To chair the sessions, nine chairpersons were called from outside. 140 people from all over India participated in the event, out of which 50 participants were from SIMS. Delegates also went on to participate as International Press. The prize money was 65K, which was given to winners and runner ups. Mc Donalds, Harley Davidson, Khalsa, and Dunkin Doughnuts were among the top sponsors of the event. The SIMS MUN 2K16 ended with a formal MUN Socials, where a poolside dinner was arranged for all the delegates.
- Date : 19/9/2015
- Name of Geust : Chair: Prof Iyer Vice Chair: Ms Mala Sane Chair : Ms Shikha Kochhar
- Theme : Alternative to 2003 Iraq invasion & Should Capital punishment be abolished? Is it deterrent to
criminals and terrorists?
- SIMS MUN Society successfully conducted Inter college -SIMS MUN on 19th September 2015. The event had two committees:
- 1.Historic Security Council
- Agenda: Alternative to 2003 Iraq invasion
- Chair: Prof Iyer Vice Chair: Ms Mala Sane
- 2.Human Rights Council
- Agenda: Should Capital punishment be abolished? Is it deterrent to criminals and terrorists?
- Chair : Ms Shikha Kochhar
Sponsorship worth Rs 34,000/- was received from sponsors including Bombay Bronx, Picantos and VLCC . A total of 72 teams had registered and 45 made it to the final event based on their position papers. The participants benefited from the process, which involved substantial research, public speaking, writing skills, besides putting critical thinking, teamwork and leadership abilities to test.
- Date : 28/1/2015
- Conducted by : SIMS MUN Society: chaired by Nishant Sirari
- Name of Geust : DR. Harnita Choudhary & Adv. VidyaSalvi
- Theme : Balancing energy requirements and environmental concerns – concrete step towards sustainable development and curbing the problem of carbon emission and carbon footprints in Industrialized Countries.
- This year SIMS MUN saw delegates from various B-Schools participate in large numbers. The committee in motion was UNFCCC(United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change). 35 countries participated in the delegation and each country was represented by 2 delegates. The delegates met in their committees, where they discussed on the agenda and put forth their points to the chair. The standard of discussion was outstanding as students debated and discussed the agenda. Individual, country, and delegate awards were announced during the closing ceremony.The Best Speaker: ShivaniSindhwani(China)The Best Position Paper: Israel (MihirHaryal&Bipul Singh)
The Best Delegates: 3rd Norway (KushalMehandiratta& PranavSood)
2nd Netherlands (Atinder Pal Singh & Lt Col K G Mohanty)
1st USA (Sarvesh Mishra &PradyutHande)