Note: All the following FAQs were applicable for the admission process for the year 2018. They might change for the next year’s admission process! Please contact the Admissions department for any queries.
1. What is the ranking of SIMS?
>>SIMS is one of the premier B-Schools in India. SIMS has been ranked 25 by Economic Times,
B-School ranking in October, 2017.
2. Does SIMS encourage Entrepreneurship?
>>Entrepreneurship culture is of key importance to SIMS. To keep this culture alive SIMS opened
an Incubation center in 2010 which acts as a platform for students with entrepreneurial zeal to
realize their dreams. At SIMS we believe journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
and Incubation Center acts as the first stepping stone.
3. When do you provide official leave?
>>Official leaves are only provided when you participate in inter-institute events, competitions,
events of reputation.
4. What is the attendance criteria?
>>You have to maintain 90% in all semesters to appear for placement process and 75% for
appearing in the exams as per SIU rules.
5. Which specializations do you offer?
>>We offer Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Operations, International Business,
Information Systems, Retail Management, Entrepreneurship (Major Minor offered)
6. When do students get to know their major specializations?
>>The students can select their specializations by the end of the first semester. But marks obtained
also play a part in the specialization selection process.
7. When is the specialization allotted to students and do they have any fixed number of seats?
>>There are common subjects in 1st semester. In the end of the 1st semester you are supposed to
choose your specializations. There is a limit in the number of seats for the students. However, a
minimum of 20 students are required to start a specialization.
8. What is the ratio of work ex and freshers?
>>There has been a good mix of freshers and work ex-students.
9. Which specialization is better and why?
>>It entirely depends on your field of interest, personality and experience in the relevant field.
10. Are exchange programs available at SIMS?
>>Yes, we provide exchange programs; there are summer schools and collaborations with many
foreign universities. For further details, https://sims.edu/collaborations/#ffs-tabbed- 12
11. Is the first semester common for all specializations?
>>Yes, it is common for all specializations.
12. The pre-orientation exam will be online or offline?
>>It will be online.
13. How is the curriculum decided?
>>The curriculum is decided by SIMS in consultation with SIU.
14. What happens during orientation?
>>One of the features that sets SIMS apart is its orientation period. The orientation acts like a
Launch Pad for their foray into the corporate world. It is tough, hectic and prepares them for a
rigorous life in the corporate world. The orientation also builds batch unity and friendship that
last for a lifetime, making it an unforgettable experience.
15. I have done my bachelors as a correspondence course degree. Can I apply for SIMS?
>>Yes, you can apply to SIMS if you meet the eligibility criteria. SIU has a list of universities
whose correspondence course degree is accepted for MBA admissions. Kindly mail your
marksheet or degree certificate to The Admission Department – firstname.lastname@example.org
1. When will the shortlist for GEPIWAT come?
>>2nd-5th Jan 2018, https://sims.edu/mba-admissions/#ffs- tabbed-12
2. There are a few seats for the open category. What is my probability of getting selected?
>>Depends on your performance in the process – SNAP Test and the GE-PIWAT process.
3. Is there any accommodation facility for the candidates coming from far places?
>>As of now there is no provision related to the accommodation of the candidate during the GE-
PIWAT process. However, there are many hotels nearby the institute –
E-Square Hotel, Treebo Sahara, The Ambience Hotel, The Pride Hotel are some of the hotels.
The list is available on the following link –
4. How to prepare for Personal Interview?
>>Go through your Resume, know yourself.
5. What is the last date of slot booking?
>>15 th January, 2018 11:59 pm Monday. No changes can be done after that.
6. What all documents are we supposed to carry?
>>The list of documents required for the GE-PIWAT will be mentioned in the mail that will be sent
to the candidates shortlisted for GE-PIWAT. Otherwise the list of documents required is also
available on the link https://sims.edu/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/check- list_2018.pdf
7. What is the location of the GEPIWAT process?
>>Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Range Hills Road, Khadki, Pune – 411020
8. In case of SLOT clashes, what is to be done?
>>SIMS has given enough time to select the slot. It is on first come first serve basis. We request
you to select it after due consideration. Even after that if any clash occurs, please drop a mail to
9. Is the Resume handwritten or printed?
>>It entirely depends on you. Both are acceptable. But it is preferable for the candidate to get the
resume to be printed as it makes the candidate look more corporate oriented.
10. What are we supposed to carry during the process?
>>Get your Stationary – blue pen, pencil, writing pad, the necessary documents, resume etc.
mentioned on the site.
11. What is the dress code for GEPIWAT?
>>Comfortable Formals for both boys and girls. (Western and Indian for girls) It is advised that the
candidate should wear comfortable formals as the process will go on for about 4-5 hours.
12. What to do if we lose our GE-PIWAT admit card?
>>Get another copy printed of the GE-PIWAT admit card.
13. What are the slot timings of the GE-PIWAT process?
>>The morning slot is at 7:30 am and the afternoon slot is at 12:30 pm.
14. For Work ex candidates, in case they have lost their offer letter from the company, what can
they show as a proof?
>>In that case, get your salary slip and the experience letter.
15. How much weightage is given to SNAP score in final admission?
>>It was 50% for 2017-19 batch. More details will be put up on www.snaptest.org
16. Is there a common process for all institutes or do we need to appear separately for every
institute? What is GEPIWAT?
a. Every candidate has to attend separate process for all the institutes.
b. GE-PIWAT stands for Group Exercise, Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test. It
is the shortlisting process carried by each Institute for admission.
17. What happens if I do not have all the required documents on the day of my GE-PIWAT
>>It is mandatory to get all the original documents.
18. Does filing of a discrepancy report effect my GE-PIWAT evaluation process?
>>No, both the GE-PIWAT evaluation panel and verification panel work independently, so it will
not impact your GE-PIWAT evaluation. It is filled for either alterations in stated facts on the
application form or for the pending documents. If you are able to produce the pending documents
within the stipulated time, it will not have any impact, if not than your candidature might not be
considered for the subsequent process.
But if you fail to submit the documents on time, your candidature will be cancelled.
19. I applied under a specific category, but now I have realized that I am eligible only for the
other category but not in my applied category, what should I do?
>>In this case, you will be allowed to go through the entire GE-PIWAT process. Based on the
documents provided by you, your category will be updated and your candidature will be
considered in that specific category (if you satisfy the eligibility requirements applicable for that
category) for any subsequent process.
20. How long does the GE-PIWAT process takes to get over?
>>The duration of the entire GE-PIWAT process for a candidate can vary from 4 hours to 7 hours.
This will include the Academic Verification, Group Exercise, Personal Interaction and Writing
21. I am not satisfied with a particular aspect in which my GE-PIWAT process was conducted?
>>You can write a mail regarding your dissatisfaction to The Director, SIMS – email@example.com
and keeping the faculty Dr. Suruchi Pandey in CC – firstname.lastname@example.org stating the part of the
process that you were not satisfied with and the reason for your dissatisfaction along with your
22. Does everyone have to go through the GE-PIWAT process?
>>Yes, everyone has to go through the GE-PIWAT process.
23. I have filled the registration form but did not book the slot for the GE-PIWAT process, what
should I do?
>>You will be randomly allocated a slot and will not be able to change the slot allocated.
24. I have secured less marks in 10 th and 12 th , what are my chances of selection in SIMS?
>>You are eligible to apply for admission in SIMS if you have the minimum required marks in
10th, 12th and graduation, 50%.
For the admission, your SNAP score has 50% weightage and rest 50% weightage is given to the
GE-PIWAT process. So, to get selected, just prepare well for SNAP and GE-PIWAT.
Please write to us your queries relating to admission at: email@example.com or call 020-
1. What is the average package provided at SIMS?
>>Please have a look at our institute website. All the stats regarding placements and about the
companies are present there. https://sims.edu/placement_page/
2. Companies from which all sectors come for placement?
>>Mostly from IT, Consulting, BFSI, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Real Estate.
3. Do companies prefer work ex over freshers?
>>It depends on the profile which the companies are offering while recruiting.
4. What is the ROI?
>>SIMS has the best ROI on fees to CTC ratio.
5. What is the highest package?
>>The highest package was 20 Lakhs for the previous batch.
6. How are the summer internships?
>>The summer internships are for 8-10 weeks and the students are selected by the companies as per
7. Do 10 th , 12 th and graduation marks matter in placements?
>>Yes, they do matter as companies may use that as a criterion for shortlisting. It depends on the
1. What is the last date of withdrawal of admission and how much money is refunded?
>>30 days after receiving of the offer letter. For further details refer to the link –
https://sims.edu/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Revised- fees-structure- of-MBA- Batch-2018- 20.pdf
2. What is the last date of taking admission?
>>After paying the fees, 14th March 2018 Wednesday 5:00 pm
1. What was the cut off (%) of SIMS last year for defense and open category candidates?
>>The cut off this year is not to be disclosed. Last year, it was 50 percentile.
2. Do you charge capitation fees for admissions?
>>No, admission to SIMS is purely on the basis of merit.
3. What is the duration of the entire process – from SNAP till Admissions?
>>SNAP is held in December, the results of which are disclosed in February and the admission
process of the selected candidates goes on till March.
4. Where do we check our results?
>>It will be displayed on our website – www.sims.edu
5. What do we do if we have a backlog in the graduation?
>>In that case you are supposed to contact our administration department. But all documents must
be cleared before 31 st July 2018.
6. What’s the intake?
>>Intake: 300 Students
240 – Defence Open
30 – Defence Special
30 – Civilian Candidates
7. I'm interested in applying to SIMS, how can I request a prospectus and/or an application?
>>For applying to SIMS, you first need to register online with SNAP on www.snaptest.org get a
SNAP ID, there itself you can apply for SIMS. Prospectus is available on https://sims.edu/mba-
8. Does SIMS consider other test scores like GMAT, CAT, CET, etc.?
>>No, SIMS considers SNAP Test scores only.
9. Do I need to register & pay to individual institute even after registering & paying for SNAP?
>>Yes. If applying to SIMS, you have to fill up application form for SIMS.
10. I am in the last semester of my graduation, can I apply?
>>Yes, you can apply to SNAP and SIMS.
11. Who can apply for SIMS?
>>Defence Personnel, their Dependents and Civilian Candidates.
12. My age is 27 years. Can I still apply to SIMS under the defence quota?
>>Yes, you can still apply to SIMS under the defence quota.
1. Is it compulsory to stay in hostel? What about the localites?
>>Yes, SIMS provides a residential MBA program, even the localites. So, staying in hostel is
compulsory for all.
2. Is there WiFi facility available at SIMS?
>>Yes, in the classrooms as well as the hostels.
3. Are you allowed to get your vehicles?
>>Yes, you are allowed to get your 2 wheelers (Please carry the documents along).
4. Is there mess facility available or not?
>>Yes, a full-time mess functions in the institute. An institute canteen is also there which functions
for the whole day.
5. Do you provide food in the rooms?
>>No, you are not allowed to carry the mess food inside your hostel.
6. What is the in-time for both boys and girls?
>>Weekdays – 10.30pm
Only allowed to take night outs in the weekend, provided you have a local guardian present in
7. What is the procedure for taking a night out?
>>Fill up the night out form and get it signed by the campus administrator. Also, an email needs to
be sent from the parents to the campus administrator and submit the signed documents to the
8. What is the procedure for taking a leave?
>>You are supposed to apply for leave on the leave portal, which is first looked at by the Admin
Department, then the Class Incharge, the Placement Cell and finally the Director, who approves
the leave, only then is the leave approved. For leave also, a mail with a scanned copy of signed
written permission letter is required from the parents.
9. Do you provide hot water facility at the hostel?
>>Yes, we do provide.
Timings would change, but hot water is provided both in the morning and night.
10. How many people are allowed to share a room?
>>We provide 2, 3 and 4 sharing rooms.
11. Are there any room facilities available for the parents of students to stay?
>>Yes, we have a guest house wherein you have to book the rooms beforehand for parents.
12. How can the students contact the Alumni of the institute?
>>The Alumni can be contacted through the Alumni Cell.
|1.||Last date for Payment of 1st Installment||14th March, 2018 Wednesday|
|2.||2nd Merit List (if required)||15th – 18th March, 2018|
|3.||Candidate Reporting at Institute and Hostel Allotment||4th June, 2018 Monday|
|4.||Course Commences||5th June, 2018 Tuesday|
Please write to us your queries relating to admission : firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020-30213250