- VISION & MISSION
- SIMS VANTAGE
- SIMS COMMITTEE
Introduction of Institute
Set up in 1993, SIMS is a premier Management Institute ranked amongst the top B Schools in India. SIMS is a constituent of the prestigious Symbiosis International University and is the only MBA institute of its kind in India and a shining example of PPP (Public Private Partnership) between Symbiosis and Government of India – Ministry of Defence since 2002. Its flagship MBA course is primarily for Defence Personnel and their Dependents with some seats for Civilian candidates. This ideal mix of defence dependents and civilians brings out the best in both and ensures holistic development. SIMS has an ergonomically designed and ideally located campus in the heart of Pune. It provides secure residential accommodation to over 600 girl and boy students, state of the art facilities and infrastructure. It is truly a “Home away from Home”.
SIMS is an ISO 9001:2008 quality certified management institute, one of the three institutes in complete Western India. SIMS is an accredited “Centre for Corporate Governance” of the ‘National Foundation of Corporate Governance’ (established by Ministry of Corporate Affairs and CII) and one of the few recognized as a Centre for Entrepreneurship by Department of Science and Technology.
SIMS has an enviable placement record and it offers an excellent return on investment in terms of the placement packages. Top Companies such as Deloitte, JP Morgan Chase, Credit Suisse, Infosys, TCS, Gartner, ICICI, HDFC, GE, Eaton Tech, Marsh, Mother Dairy, SBI, Religare Securities, Bajaj Allianz, Tata Motors, Tally Solutions, WNS, etc. are some of the loyal recruiters of SIMS student managers.
SIMS is the B-School which creates leaders who “Make a Difference”. Come and be a part of SIMS, become a leader and “Make a Difference”
VISION & MISSION
- Promoting international understanding through quality education
- to inculcate spirit of ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ (the world is one family)
- to contribute towards knowledge generation and dissemination
- to promote ethical and value-based learning
- to foster the spirit of national development
- to inculcate cross cultural sensitization
- to develop global competencies amongst students
- to nurture creativity and encourage entrepreneurship
- to enhance employability and contribute to human resource development
- to promote health and wellness amongst students, staff and community
- to instill sensitivity amongst the youth towards the community and environment
- to produce thought provoking leaders for the society
- Competent faculty assisting in the learning process of contemporary management disciplines.
- Accredited by NAAC ( National Assessment and Accreditation Council (of the UGC) in November 2008.
- Re-accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade.
- SIMS is an ISO 9001:2008 quality certified management institute.
- Centre for Corporate Governance of the National Foundation of Corporate Governance.
- Focused collaborations with industry and robust placements in blue chip companies.
- Executive MBA and PG Diploma’s in management education for working executives.
- Programs for Min of Def, GoI (DG Resettlement) & logistics training for Indian Navy.
- Global perspective through MoU with Leeds metropolitan university.
- MDP’s & innovative customized education programs for corporates.
- SIU has been ranked 3rd in Top Non-Government (Private & Deemed) Multi-Disciplinary Universities in India by “The Week”in May 29, 2016 issue.
- “CSR-GHRDC”B-school survey ranked SIMS as 4th in the Top B-Schools of Super Excellence” category in 2015. The survey ranked SIMS 20th under “Placement (Domestic & International), USP, Social Responsibility, Networking & Industry Interface” category and 6th under “Top Private B-Schools by State”.
- “CSR-GHRDC”B-school survey ranked SIMS as 1st in the Top Emerging B-School category in 2014.
- SIMS is ranked as 10th in the Top 25 West Zone colleges by “The Week” in 2014.
- Business Standard B-school survey 2014 ranked SIMS in A2 series.
- Business India 2014 survey ranked SIMS in A++ series
- SIMS was ranked 33 by Times B School survey.
- Ranked 13th by Competition Success Review and Top emerging B-School of Super excellence
- Economic Times B Schools – Corporate Dossier ranked SIMS “25th Best B- School of the NIFTY FIFTY”.
- SIMS is ranked as 1st in the Top Emerging B-School of Super Excellence by “CSR-GHRDC” B-School survey in 2013.
- SIMS is ranked in the top 10 B-Schools for producing Entrepreneurs.
- SIMS was rated as A++ by “Business India” in its Best B-Schools Survey, 2013
- SIMS was ranked 25th B-School in India by “The Week” in 2013
- SIMS has been ranked 16th overall in all India ranking and 6th in the west zone by ‘The WEEK’ magazine in its November, 2012 issue. The rating score was computed taking into consideration broadly- the input value, value addition, learning ambience and brand value. The information was collected from various stakeholders like the corporate Human Resource Managers, current students, aspiring students etc.
- SIMS was adjudged 4 awards at 2nd Asia’s Best B-School Awards organised by CMO Council held at Suntec, Singapore on 21st -22nd July 2011. Asia’s Best B-School Awards in collaboration with CMO Asia & CMO Council, USA endeavours to pay a tribute to temples of learning & make a difference to the education fraternity. The event saw the participation of 29 countries including Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, UAE etc. The awards won by SIMS were:
- SB-School Leadership Award
- SInnovation In Placements Award
- SInnovation Leadership Award
- SB- School With Best Industry Interface Award
- SIMS has been ranked 20th in the India’s Best B School Survey 2012 conducted by Business World.
The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, it will channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
The primary aim of IQAC is :
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
IQAC will facilitate / contribute :