The Entrepreneurship Cell at Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies was incorporated to help and nurture ideas from people who dare to take risks, who wish to live their passion, who wish to create something. The E-Cell is dedicated to promoting the spirit of entrepreneurship among students. We function as a guide for people with creative ideas by conducting a myriad of events and activities throughout the year. We do so by:
* Hosting workshops, speaker sessions and organizing innovative games and awareness camps
* Conducting B-plan competitions
* Enabling easy and effective interaction between students and successful entrepreneurs
- Date : 18th & 19th Feb 2016
- Event : Essentials of a B-Plan and what an angel investors looks in a B-Plan
- Date : 12-08-2015
- Event : Myth Busters- Clarifying Illusions about Entrepreneurship
- Date : 12-08-2015
- Event : CREATIVA AUCTION
- Speakers : Mr. Aman Garg and Mr. Rohan Chhazed (Zoomcar)
- Date : 24 July 2015
- Event : Guest Lecture
- Theme : Alumni Meet
- Date : September
- Event : Executive MBA Alumni Meet
- Theme : SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- Date : February
- Events : TYCOON
- Theme : Market Beat
- Conducted by: On Campus Endeavours
‘Most people think it’s all about the idea. It is definitely not just the idea. The imperative part is to execute the idea.’ Building on this very thought E-Cell organizes the Market Beat competition every year. It is a competition wherein ten budding entrepreneurs of SIMS are given the platform to showcase their business ideas. The best out of the lot are selected on the basis of the following criteria –
*Online voting by the Student Managers
*Respective B-plan presentation and learning from the simulation
*The judge’s verdict on the viability and sustainability of the idea
Post the selection process, the winners are given the incredible opportunity to run their respective ventures for a year on campus and further dwell on their skills of running and managing a venture. Market beat is again organized during the National Alumni meet held in the month of September every year. The winner of this competition is given a stall to run during the SIMS cultural fest, Orion.
- Event : Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp
- Theme : Challenges of a Start Up
EAC is conducted over a 3 day period and is attended by the entire Marketing, Operations and the Human Resource batch of SIMS. In total, 10 sessions are held regarding the challenges that an Entrepreneurial initiative might face in its nascent stage and what measures can be taken to counter them. Certain fun games along with problem solving activities are conducted for the student managers.
Last year, E-Cell received a grant of Rs. 2 lakhs by the National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India for the same.
- Event : Pitch Perfect
- Theme : B-plan Conceptualization and Execution
If you have the vision, determination and initiative, if you are an entrepreneur willing to turn your business dream into reality, Pitch Perfect is the apt platform for you. An initiative of the E-Cell in collaboration with the Alumni Cell, it is a B-plan competition where participants get a chance to pitch their ideas to the SIMS Alumni. If convinced, the Alumni may sponsor the best B-plans in terms of seed capital.
- Event : The Innovator’s Eye – Article Writing Competition
- Theme : Collaborating Thoughts
It is a National level article writing competition. Students from colleges like IIMs, TAPMI, and JBIMS participate in the event. A theme is selected for each month and the selected articles are published in the newsletter.
- Event : Barcode
- Theme : Business Case Study- Urban Household waste management
E-Cell in collaboration with the Events Cell organizes and conducts the final round of Barcode, which is the annual flagship business competition of SIMS. As part of this, the participants are asked to present a business plan pertaining to the pertinent issues faced by the city. It is conducted for a period of 36 hours, during which, timely twists and turns are introduced to check the acumen and presence of mind of the participants.
- Event : Entrepreneurship Awareness Drive – Pune Chapter
- Theme : Opportunities for Budding Entrepreneurs
E-Cell SIMS, in association with IIT Kharagpur, organizes the event every year. The main purpose of the event is to give an insight about the multitude of opportunities available for budding entrepreneurs. Eminent speakers are invited to address the audience and share their expertise in their respective fields.